Saturday, November 6, 2010

'I would rather meet Dr Singh'


The hype surrounding the meeting of the 26/11 martyrs families by US president Barack Obama has not impressed the father of slain major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. Sandeeps father Unnikrishnan who is currently cycling between New Delhi and Mumbai in memory of the matyrs told rediff.com from Indore that Obama is not doing anyone a favour by meeting with the matyrs families. In fact he should thank the Indians including my son who saved two American nationals during the attack.

It looks like meeting with the families was done on an invitational basis. It does not look good and appears to be more of a show to me. Even if I were to be invited I would not have gone since I am not interested in being part of some show. Yes but I would readily meet with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh since he is our leader and he expressing solidarity means something to the nation. What is the meaninh of an Obama meeting. The action which ough to be taken by him has not been taken and problems will not be solved with such meetings.

Such meeytings mean nothing to the families and hence I guess its best avoided. I will be reaching Mumbai by bicycle on November 26 and will pay homage to those who have lost their lives. The next day ill be at the Taj where my son laid down his life.

No comments: